Rev. Alex Awad
Boycott Settlements Products
Use our groundbreaking resource
for information and action
on the settlements boycott:
"Seizing the Mandate"
Use the UMKR Boycott Flyer
for United Methodists
See it and download it »
Dean of Students at Bethlehem Bible College
and GBGM missionary,
sends a powerful letter to United Methodist Annual Conferences
read and download it »
15 Christian Leaders
Fifteen leaders, representing many major faith groups in the US
and including Bishop Rosemarie Wenner, President of the UMC Council of
Bishops, have written a letter to Congress seeking to make U.S. military
aid to the State of Israel contingent upon its compliance with
applicable U.S. laws and policies.
Read the UMKR press release
and take action »
United Methodist Kairos Response (UMKR), an international movement in the United Methodist Church, is responding to the “Kairos Palestine Document,” an urgent plea from Christians in the Holy Land for decisive action supporting a just peace in Israel/Palestine.
Founded in October 2010, UMKR's work in 2011 and early 2012 was focused on two campaigns:
• a petition to our General Board of Pensions asking them to divest of companies that sustain and profit from the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land
See the left hand column for more info about
the petition and who should sign it!
• a resolution for the United Methodist General Conference that would instruct all church
agencies to divest from the occupation. Read the resolution »
Read about the unexpected results of General Conference 2012:
Our video on the Israeli Occupation and three companies from which our church must divest "UMKR - Answering the Call from Holy Land Christians" go there »
Our materials on the Boycott of Settlements Products:
• "Seizing the Mandate" - learn about the settlements, the products they export that come to the US, how to participate in a boycott of those products, and more! go there »
• Short powerpoint presentation for the holiday season, on the boycott of settlements products
go there »
We also have:
• Brochures about UMKR, The Settlements,
Who Supports Divestment...
• information about the companies that are sustaining the occupation and how we have engaged in advocacy with them,
• why investing cannot replace divesting from the occupation,
Find materials also in French and Swahili.
Go to UMKR Materials »
Investing replaces divestment?
Some United Methodists are recommending replacing
the call for UM divestment from the occupation with something that
sounds more 'positive' - investing in the Palestinian economy.
this approach cannot help the Palestinians, while they live under a crushing occupation - according to World Bank reports and other authoritative sources. » Read it
Kairos Palestine Document
A Moment of Truth -
with this profound statement of faith, a call for action that has
mobilized Christians globally, including United Methodists. » Learn more