SIGN UP FOR UMKR NEWS
LIKE • FOLLOW • SHARE
Like us on Facebook Then click "Get Notifications" -
see it in the menu under the "Liked" button – so you will get our latest news.
Follow us on Twitter The fastest, easiest way to get our most current alerts
Share our website Use the social media buttons on the left.
WORK TOGETHER WITH UNITED METHODISTS & ALLIES
Find others in your conference or region who are justice advocates for Israel/Palestine. There may be a conference task force or one about to get started. We may also know of allied groups that are active in your area. Find out if divestment legislation has been adopted in your conference or how you could get one passed. Contact us to find out what is happening in your region: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPPORT OUR WORK WITH A DONATION
We depend on those who believe in our work to ensure it will continue.
UMKR is an independent grassroots movement in our church that has
grown remarkably since it began in 2010, but that would never have
SUPPORT THE BOYCOTT OF ISRAELI SETTLEMENTS
Download and use our boycott resources. You could:
• Arrange for our short boycott PowerPoint to be shown at your church, during a Sunday service or a meeting
• Use our insert/flyer in Sunday bulletins at your church or ask your pastor about using it
• Distribute information about the boycott, such as the Why Boycott the Settlements Brochure, in your church and call a meeting to discuss how members can support and grow the boycott.
BECOME AN ADVOCATE WITH U.S. POLICY MAKERS
United Methodists and allies are contacting U.S. government leaders
throughout the year with timely, coordinated messages, and supporting
vital Congressional briefings that are well attended by key
congressional staffers. You can join these united actions when
LEARN AND EDUCATE
Learn more about the occupation and why we should take action
to help end it:
• See the Kairos Palestine document, Palestinian Christians' statement of faith and hope and call to action.
• Check out our series of monthly webinars that began May 2020, with diverse speakers from the US, Palestine and beyond.
• Watch engrossing and informative video clips from the class "Steadfast Hope."
Help others you know to learn in your congregation or organization:
• Encourage your church group to read and discuss the Kairos Palestine Document, using one of the excellent study guides.
• Another great resource for study and discussion is the booklet
"Is Israel an Apartheid State?" - a groundbreaking report that provides an excellent overview of the Israeli occupation.
• See more educational resources at our Education home page.
ORGANIZE AN EVENT
• A good way to learn and help others to learn is to show a film about Israel/Palestine - there are some great selections in this catalog (see it in black and white also). Follow up your presentation with a discussion.
• Contact UMKR about bringing a knowledgeable and experienced speaker to your church or group.
• For a really special evening, maybe you would like to serve a Middle Eastern meal before the main event. Get more ideas for event planning here.
There is nothing like seeing it for yourself, to understand what is really
happening in the Holy Land and the urgent need to answer the call from
our fellow Christians there. Be sure to spend some quality time with the
"living stones" - the people of the land. Combine your fact-finding visit with
a tour of the ancient biblical sites and you will experience the trip of a lifetime.
When you come home, be sure to share with others what you learned about
current facts on the ground in Israel/Palestine, and contact us for ways you can work for a just peace for all the people of this remarkable land. Find recommended tour organizers in our Tourism section.
SPREAD THE WORD
Don't be shy about sharing what you have learned about Israel/Palestine!
Talk with friends, family, members of your church and your community.
That is the way our church and our societies wherever we may live will begin
to understand the need for change and support it. You don't have to be an
expert or have all the answers. Refer them to useful websites for more answers
and contact us whenever you need us: email@example.com.
More ways to take action
UMKR needs your support
General Conference 2020 has been
scheduled for Aug-Sept 2022. Our justice legislation is still vital & needs
YOUR support! LEARN MORE:
🔶 Something new in here 🔴 New on our site
An Appeal from UMKR
UMKR has important church legislation for our denomination's global General Conference, to be held in 2021. These resolutions address:
• protecting Palestinian children,
• defending the right to boycott,
•divesting from the bonds of occupation governments,
and other timely justice issues.
We also have BIG PLANS for educating A LOT of people throughout our church about Palestinian rights, with literature, displays, events, meals, and witness actions!
With very limited resources, UMKR has made
a BIG impact in the global United Methodist Church! Groundbreaking divestment and boycott actions by the UMC would never have happened withoutUMKR's advocacy AND all the extraordinary partners and allies who helped us.
General Conference is always our BEST OPPORTUNITY to make an impact for Palestinian rights throughout our denomination, on four continents.
But if we are to succeed advocating for justice
with over 5000 United Methodists who come to General Conference from around the world...
WE URGENTLY NEED YOUR HELP!
EVERY DONATION – large, medium, or small –
makes a difference in our work!
Click the green button:
Please give as generously as you can, and know that whatever you are able to give
will be greatly appreciated.
for our work to continue.